Maintaining abstinence from alcohol after going through withdrawal requires great discipline and dedication. Many people in recovery from alcohol addiction need ongoing therapy to stay
Choosing the Best Miami Alcohol Rehab Center for Your Needs
June 11, 2020
When you decide to seek out a Miami alcohol rehab center, it’s important to make sure the one you choose suits your recovery in the best way possible. Your needs for recovery are unique, so it helps to determine what these are and what you require from your treatment center in order to meet them.
Miami Alcohol Detox and Miami Alcohol Rehab Options
You should learn a bit about the options in your area before you decide on one specific facility. It’s also a good idea to learn what different facilities generally offer to Miami alcohol treatment patients.
- Long-term inpatient treatment often lasts for several months to a year or longer. Patients usually go through detox as part of these treatment programs and then receive comprehensive care. Those with the most severe addictions to alcohol can gain the most from these programs.
- Short-term inpatient treatment can last from 28 days to around 90 days. Patients who have already been through recovery once or who have milder addictions to alcohol usually fare better in these programs.
- Outpatient treatment lasts as long as necessary for the patient. Outpatient care for alcohol addiction is best for someone who has already undergone detox and might face the danger of experiencing delirium tremens.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, Miami alcohol rehab treatment programs are becoming increasingly specific, providing patients with different options that go beyond these broad categories. More specialized programs include:
- Religious or faith-based rehab
- Holistic rehab
- Natural rehab
- Therapeutic community rehab
What Do I Need from My Miami Alcohol Rehab Center?
Most people would benefit from listing what they need and expect from a rehab program in order to determine what is most important to them in terms of treatment. As stated by the NIDA’s Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment, effective care in a Miami alcohol rehab center should provide options that go beyond simply treating addiction. Ask yourself these questions to determine what you need from your Miami alcohol treatment center.
- Do I need 24-hour supervised care?
- Do I need intensive medical treatment for my addiction (for example, in the likelihood that I may experience severe withdrawal symptoms or delirium tremens)?
- Have I been through rehab before, and do I need a program that reflects that?
- Do I have any illnesses that might require simultaneous treatment? (As of 2014, 7.9 million Americans had co-occurring disorders, according to a survey by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.)
- Do I want a program that offers spiritual, physical, psychological or some other type of care beyond evidence-based treatment?
- Do I require specialized options during recovery such as gluten-free meals, services for the hearing impaired, etc.?
As you can see, this list isn’t entirely comprehensive, but it should get you thinking about what type of Miami alcohol rehab center is best for you. Consider which options are the most important to your comfort and your ability to recover safely. Then you can seek out alcohol treatment centers in Miami that specifically offer these options.
If you or a loved one needs help finding the best addiction treatment center in West Palm Beach, Summer House Detox Center offers drug and alcohol detox in a relaxed, luxurious setting to help you experience a safe, long-lasting recovery from alcohol addiction. Contact us today at 800-719-1090 to learn more about our available treatment programs. You can also visit us at 13550 Memorial Highway Miami, FL 33161. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Alcohol is the most easily accessible addictive substance in the United States, which is why it’s commonly used with medications like benzodiazepines. Some people combine